As a Cloud Engineer you’ll be working with our DevOps teams to build and operate complex cloud-native software solutions and Kubernetes clusters for and together with our customers. Our clients range from Startups to Fortune 100 Enterprises – we help them to navigate the cloud-native journey with hands-on consulting and engineering by augmenting their teams.
A Cloud Engineer at p3r works closely with our customer’s engineers, teaching and building latest technologies. You’ll be regularly contributing to Open Source projects and be involved with the cloud native community at large. Kubernetes, Docker and Pipelines are a core part of what we do and how we solve problems.
As a Cloud Engineer at p3r, you will be
- supporting our customer’s engineering teams with regards to digitalization, DevOps, infrastructure as code and the cloud native technology landscape
- consulting on technical decisions with regards to cloud providers, systems architecture and development workflows
- automating build and test and software release pipelines with tools like GitLab and Sonarqube
- automating infrastructure with tools like Ansible and Terraform
- build microservices and cloud native architectures with tools like Kubernetes and Docker
- automate day 2 operations with tools like Prometheus and Rancher
The ideal candidate
- knows how to dockerize applications
- knows how to build and operate Kubernetes clusters
- knows how to design and maintain cloud native systems
- knows how to plan, build and optimize CI/CD workflows
- knows how to develop custom software (preferably in Python, Go, .NET or JS)
- knows how to automate common tasks with modern tooling
- fluent in English (written/spoken)
- fluent in German (written/spoken)
- minimum of 1 year experience in the field (DevOps, SRE, Cloud, Software Development)
- german citizenship or work visa
- bonus: experience with Linux
- we’re a small, dedicated team with focus on technological innovation
- you’ll be working with the latest and greatest technologies of the cloud native landscape
- we pay a very a competetive salary
- we’re a fully remote company and cover many expenses for remote work
- we provide opportunities for continuous learning and training
- you can work with the hardware of your choice
The position is fully remote but might require occasional visits at our office or a customer’s site in the future.
Docker is an open-source tool that makes managing application processes in containers much easier. Containers allow you to run your programmes in separate processes with their own resources. Containers are comparable to virtual machines, except they're more portable,...
We’re experiencing digitisation. An era where every person has a voice, and it doesn’t matter if he’s wise. There’s more motivation circulating the vast stretches of the internet than it’s required. This would be good in a theoretical world, but if you seek the truth,...
GitLab 14 is out and fans must be thrilled to know about all the new features along with all the fixes and removals. In this post, we will go through the many changes and improvements, bug fixes, and some remarkable deprecations. We will see all of that here. So,...