As a Cloud Engineer you’ll be working with our DevOps teams to build and operate complex cloud-native software solutions and Kubernetes clusters for and together with our customers. Our clients range from Startups to Fortune 100 Enterprises – we help them to navigate the cloud-native journey with hands-on consulting and engineering by augmenting their teams.
A Cloud Engineer at p3r works closely with our customer’s engineers, teaching and building latest technologies. You’ll be regularly contributing to Open Source projects and be involved with the cloud native community at large. Kubernetes, Docker and Pipelines are a core part of what we do and how we solve problems.
As a Cloud Engineer at p3r, you will be
- supporting our customer’s engineering teams with regards to digitalization, DevOps, infrastructure as code and the cloud native technology landscape
- consulting on technical decisions with regards to cloud providers, systems architecture and development workflows
- automating build and test and software release pipelines with tools like GitLab and Sonarqube
- automating infrastructure with tools like Ansible and Terraform
- build microservices and cloud native architectures with tools like Kubernetes and Docker
- automate day 2 operations with tools like Prometheus and Rancher
The ideal candidate
- knows how to dockerize applications
- knows how to build and operate Kubernetes clusters
- knows how to design and maintain cloud native systems
- knows how to plan, build and optimize CI/CD workflows
- knows how to develop custom software (preferably in Python, Go, .NET or JS)
- knows how to automate common tasks with modern tooling
- fluent in English (written/spoken)
- fluent in German (written/spoken)
- minimum of 1 year experience in the field (DevOps, SRE, Cloud, Software Development)
- german citizenship or work visa
- bonus: experience with Linux
- we’re a small, dedicated team with focus on technological innovation
- you’ll be working with the latest and greatest technologies of the cloud native landscape
- we pay a very a competetive salary
- we’re a fully remote company and cover many expenses for remote work
- we provide opportunities for continuous learning and training
- you can work with the hardware of your choice
The position is fully remote but might require occasional visits at our office or a customer’s site in the future.
Docker has revolutionised containers even if they weren't the first to walk the path of containerisation. The ease and agility docker provide makes it the preferred engine to explore for any beginner or enterprise looking towards containers. The one problem most of...
Porter works as a containerized tool that helps users to package the elements of any existing application or codebase along with client tools, configuration resources and deployment logic in a single bundle. This bundle can be further moved, exported, shared and distributed with just simple commands.
The three great giants of the operating system even today are well regarded as Linux, Windows and Mac OS. But when it comes to creating all purpose and open source applications, Linux still takes the reign as a crucial piece of a developer’s toolkit. However, you...