Software Engineer at p3r
We’re always looking for exceptional talents to go cloud native together with us and our customers. If you’re looking for bleeding edge technology, a devops-minded culture and involvement in the open source community at work: we want to hear from you!
We're a team of DevOps practitioners with a lean attitude towards system's engineering and problem solving. Our day-to-day work involves Kubernetes, Python, Ansible, Terraform, Docker and a gazillion of other tools that we use to bring our customers forward.
100% remote work
We are based in south-west Germany but work from all over the world in 3 different time zones.
Flexible work hours
We have core hours of availability but aside from that you're free to work on your own terms.
Incentives for upskilling
Getting better is our biggest mission so we invest heavily in education, upskilling and knowledge sharing.
We're system builders and have strong foundations based on DevOps principles and years of operational experience.
- Your code at our core: We’d like you to work on improving our DevOps Framework, Cloud Stack and core platform products to help our customers advance on their cloud native journey
- We’ve laid out the framework and now it is your opportunity to add your spice to the mix. How about adding support for new cloud providers? Or implementing Single-Sign-On? Or maybe you’re more into developing a frontend to manage our platform?
Within 1 month you will
- Learn about our software ecosystem and how the components fit together
- Learn about our tools, methodologies and how we work together
- Implement your first platform features and work with the team to integrate them into the codebase
- Write tests and integrate them into our pipelines
- Take part in the full agile development process
Within 3 months you will
- Work on improvements to the stability and features of our platform products
- Tweak the stack to be even more integrated
- Build features together with other engineers across multiple components
- Build knowledge and experience in your corner of the codebase
- Help us improve by suggesting ideas for improvements and take part in implementing changes in our daily work
- Discuss, analyze, and estimate upcoming work with your team
Within 6 months you will
- Become the Code Owner of the components you know best
- Learn a range of new skills and technologies as you interact with more of our stack
- Propose and help to implement best practices to improve our technical skills and quality of our code
- Help other members of the team to level up by sharing your knowledge and skills
- Experienced in Python, Go, .NET/C# or another state-of-the-art language
- Experienced with Kubernetes, the concept of CI/CD and GitOps
- Bonus: Experienced in Ansible and Terraform
- Bonus: Experienced with IaaS providers
- Able to write clean, structured code
- Good understanding of APIs and systems
- Interested in learning and advancing your craft
- Fluent in German and English
Is that you?
Then here’s why we might be a good fit for you:
- we’re all about building great technology to solve real problems
- we’re working with modern but proven technologies and don’t fear to go bleeding edge from time to time
- we’re working fully remote
- we’re motivated to learn new things every day
- we’re a company of builders and engineers
- we’re doing agile how it’s meant to be done
- we’re pragmatic and open to learn better ways to solve problems
- we’re working with MS Teams, GitLab and VSCode on M1 Macs
- we like it simple. our onboarding process takes less then a day
- most of our stuff is open source under Apache license
- we’re active in the CNCF and even host a local Cloud Native Meetup
Go apply then!
We are thrilled to be able to look back on a very successful fourth edition of our bi-monthly Cloud Native Meetup Saar, which was co-hosted by our partner anynines. This edition was extra special, as from now on, we are officially a chapter of the Cloud Native...
GitOps serves to make the process of development and operations more developer-centric. It applies DevOps practices with Git as a single source of truth for infrastructure automation and deployment, hence the name “Git Ops.” But before getting deeper into what is...
Whether you love or hate containers, there are only a handful of ways to work with them properly that ensures proper application use with Docker. While there do exist a handful of solutions on the web and on the cloud to deal with all the needs that come with running...
First of all - we have a big announcement to make! We are now an official chapter of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation , enabling us to further spread our knowledge, broaden our community and share our expertise with Kubernauts all around the world! 🎉🤩 You can...
A continuation from the previous series on eBPF and security concerns; it cannot be reiterated enough number of times how important it is for developers to ensure the safety and security of their applications. With the ever expanding reach of cloud and software...
Docker has revolutionised containers even if they weren't the first to walk the path of containerisation. The ease and agility docker provide makes it the preferred engine to explore for any beginner or enterprise looking towards containers. The one problem most of...