Software Engineer at p3r
We’re always looking for exceptional talents to go cloud native together with us and our customers. If you’re looking for bleeding edge technology, a devops-minded culture and involvement in the open source community at work: we want to hear from you!
We're a team of DevOps practitioners with a lean attitude towards system's engineering and problem solving. Our day-to-day work involves Kubernetes, Python, Ansible, Terraform, Docker and a gazillion of other tools that we use to bring our customers forward.
100% remote work
We are based in south-west Germany but work from all over the world in 3 different time zones.
Flexible work hours
We have core hours of availability but aside from that you're free to work on your own terms.
Incentives for upskilling
Getting better is our biggest mission so we invest heavily in education, upskilling and knowledge sharing.
We're system builders and have strong foundations based on DevOps principles and years of operational experience.
- Your code at our core: We’d like you to work on improving our DevOps Framework, Cloud Stack and core platform products to help our customers advance on their cloud native journey
- We’ve laid out the framework and now it is your opportunity to add your spice to the mix. How about adding support for new cloud providers? Or implementing Single-Sign-On? Or maybe you’re more into developing a frontend to manage our platform?
Within 1 month you will
- Learn about our software ecosystem and how the components fit together
- Learn about our tools, methodologies and how we work together
- Implement your first platform features and work with the team to integrate them into the codebase
- Write tests and integrate them into our pipelines
- Take part in the full agile development process
Within 3 months you will
- Work on improvements to the stability and features of our platform products
- Tweak the stack to be even more integrated
- Build features together with other engineers across multiple components
- Build knowledge and experience in your corner of the codebase
- Help us improve by suggesting ideas for improvements and take part in implementing changes in our daily work
- Discuss, analyze, and estimate upcoming work with your team
Within 6 months you will
- Become the Code Owner of the components you know best
- Learn a range of new skills and technologies as you interact with more of our stack
- Propose and help to implement best practices to improve our technical skills and quality of our code
- Help other members of the team to level up by sharing your knowledge and skills
- Experienced in Python, Go, .NET/C# or another state-of-the-art language
- Experienced with Kubernetes, the concept of CI/CD and GitOps
- Bonus: Experienced in Ansible and Terraform
- Bonus: Experienced with IaaS providers
- Able to write clean, structured code
- Good understanding of APIs and systems
- Interested in learning and advancing your craft
- Fluent in German and English
Is that you?
Then here’s why we might be a good fit for you:
- we’re all about building great technology to solve real problems
- we’re working with modern but proven technologies and don’t fear to go bleeding edge from time to time
- we’re working fully remote
- we’re motivated to learn new things every day
- we’re a company of builders and engineers
- we’re doing agile how it’s meant to be done
- we’re pragmatic and open to learn better ways to solve problems
- we’re working with MS Teams, GitLab and VSCode on M1 Macs
- we like it simple. our onboarding process takes less then a day
- most of our stuff is open source under Apache license
- we’re active in the CNCF and even host a local Cloud Native Meetup
Go apply then!
Microservices and service meshes have become a staple of the industry as companies realize the full potential of creating an independent architecture that allows for easier scale up, agile development, resilience and streamlined deployment. Many of these applications...
Flux2 came with its new update a while ago, and it is sheer exciting for the users because it brought a lot of new features. It also made a lot of new enhancements and updates. We will take a look at the entire catalogue in this article. So, without further a due,...
A few days ago, Portainer Business Edition came up with their new update. It is quite a massive update with many new features, bug fixes, enhancements and much more. In this article, we will see all of those in a nutshell. Let's start What is Portainer? Portainer is...
As a data scientist or ML engineer, have you ever faced the inconvenience of experimenting with the model? When we train the model, the model file is generated. Now, if you want to experiment with some different parameters or data, generally people rename the existing...
We are looking back on a very successful third edition of our Cloud Native Meetup Saar #3! Togetherer with our co-host anynines, we enjoyed a fun afternoon filled with great speakers, intriguing topics and thoughtful conversations! We welcomed a total of three...
Portainer arranged a fun and informative discussion through a one-hour special named “Ambassador Series” on 1st July 2021. It was pretty amazing to see Savannah Peterson as the host and two other guests. One is our very own CEO of p3r.one, Fabian Peter and the other...